Best 3D Pen Designs 2021: 3D pens must either be connected to your device through a cable with the use of a USB port or to an AC adapter outlet.
Best 3D Pen Designs 2021
#01 – amiciAuto Filament ABS/PLA DIY 3D Printing Pen LED/LCD Screen 3D Pen Painting Design Drawing Creative Toy Gift for Kids (Blue)
- The 3D Pen for freehand drawing of 3D objects
- 0.4 mm Nozzle and Uses ABS 1.75mm ABS/PLA Material
- Ergonomic design for optimum handling
- Adjustable output speed, Durability
- In many paint colors: filament is changed easily by pressing a button
#02 -Filamate 3D Pen Filament – 36 Different Colors of 1.75mm PLA Plastic – 3D Pen Refills with Stencils – 360 Feet of Assorted Filament: 0.02mm Tolerance for 3D Drawing and Doodling
- Expand Your Color Palette: Don't let pricy 3D filament hold you back! This set comes with 36 colors, including metallic, transparent, fluorescent, and glow-in-the dark colors to make your art pop. It's a perfect refill set for your 3D pen for kids.
- Filament You Can Rely On: Filamate 3D printing filament is crafted to a high standard of quality. Its tight tolerances mean that you won't have jamming, nozzle clogging, discoloration, or bubbling. You get filament that works smoothly every time.
- Use It Anywhere: This PLA pen filament is 1.75mm in diameter, making it the most commonly used in both 3D pens and 3D printers. It prints without odor or smoke, so it's easy to work with. This versatility makes it the obvious choice for 3D printing.
- Practical Packaging: Here at Filamate, we focus on the details. That's why this set ships in a custom packaging box that doubles as storage for your printer pen filament. Each color is also vacuum sealed so it's fresh when you're ready to use it.
- Makes a Great Gift: If you know someone who's into arts and crafts, they'll love this set. It comes with 3D pen templates and finger protectors that upgrade the normal 3D printing pen experience, and provides much-needed 3D pen filament refills too!
#03 – Insight 3D Printing Pen(Blue) with free Stand, Stencils and Filaments
- Developing freestyle hand drawings of objects and free sketch concepts of designs
- Realizing imagined models instead of trying to produce them in CAD software
- Teaching children the basics of 3D printing
- Visualizing ideas in early concept stages of product development (even before prototyping)
- Playing around with 3D technologies in an inexpensive way
#04 – Pack of 2 Comgrow 3D Printing Pen Silicone Mats with 4 Silicone Finger Caps, 3D Drawing Pen Pad Basic Template Mat Tool for Beginners and Children
- Great 3D Drawing Tool Kit for 3D Pen: The 3D printer pen mat includes multi-shaped draw figures:circles, grids, triangle, rectangular, to create your 3D drawing with high precision
- 3D Pen Accessories Compatible with Stencils: The 3D printing pen mat consists of small groves which extrude 3D printing material easily, simply start your 3D drawing
- The Best Partner for All 3D Pens & Filaments: Comgrow 3D pen pad silicone template is suitable for all 3D stencils for 3D pens on the market. 2 Packs of the 3D silicone pen mats are in different shapes and size
- Eco-friendly and Safe: No paint, non-toxic, no pollution. Made of high-quality silicone, heat resistance up to 260 °C. Inspire unlimited imagination and creativity without any harm.
- The Perfect Gift: Beautiful gift package. STEM activity for kids, adults, for 3D pen drawing beginners and 3D pen drawing expert artist! The best birthday/Christmas gift
#05 – 3D Pen Mat,Large 3D Printing Pen Silicone Design Mat with Multi Basic Templates,3D Printing Pen Mat Silicone Basic Template with 2 Finger Protectors.
- 【3D pen template （Large 3D pen mat） with different patterns】 With the 3D pen template larger silicone mat (41.5 x 27.5 cm) you can create not only simple patterns and lines, but also animal patterns such as elephants, rabbits, cats, Bears, Cars and Ferris Wheels. Best 3D pen template 3D printing pen silicone design mat is especially helpful for beginners, kids, and 3D pen artists!
- 【3D printing pen template Suitable for all 3D pens / 3D filaments】 The 3D printing pen template with improved cut-out makes it easier to insert the 3D pen nozzle into the interior. The 3D pen mat has a suitable thickness so that most 3D pens / 3D- Pen filaments with 1.75 mm fit well. It won't shift or move even during the most delicate 3D pen work. The 3D printer pen template lines cut into the mat are great for keeping things straight.
- 【3D printing pen template table protector】 The 3D printing pen template mat is made of environmentally friendly silicone and can be used to protect the table top. The high temperature resistance of this product is 220-260 ℃. The thickness of the 3D printing pen template mat is 3 mm. The 3D printing pen template mat can prevent the table from melting with a 3D pen.
- 【3D printing pen template Additional gifts】 3D pen silicone mat (3D printing pen template) with 2 finger caps. The finger caps help shape and are useful when you need to remove some stubborn filament from the very hot tip of the pen.
- 【3D Pen Mat 】 After receiving the goods, you have any questions, contact us, we will solve for you of the best.3D Pen Mat,3D Printing Pen Mat Silicone Basic Template with 2 Finger Protectors, 3D Pen Drawing Tool.
#06 – X Large 3D Pen Silicone Mat Set -16.4″ X 10.9″ Multi-Shaped 3D Pen Pad Silicone Basic Template, 12 Pcs 3D Pens Filament Different Colors and 2 Silicone Finger Protector for 3D Beginners/Kids/Adults
- Value Package: You will get 1pcs premium 3D Pen Silicone Mat, 12 colors 3D Pens Filament(10ft/color) and 2 Silicone Finger Protector. A great gift set for your children and art lovers to have fun with crafts and drawing.
- X-Large 3D Pen Pad: Mat Length:16in/40.5cm, Mat Width:10.6in/27cm, It's Much More Easy to Use and Printing, Include More Patterns to Better Support during 3D Pen Drawing
- 12 Colors 3D Printer Filament: Standard 1.75mm diameter filament. Universal compatible with most 1.75mm 3D Pens/3D Printers on market. Note: Not Fit for 3.0mm 3Dooler 3D Pen.
- Safe and High-Quality Silicone Design Mat: Heat Resistant up to 270°C (518°F) with high quality silicone, Won't Stick Printing Filament, Bend the Mat, The Filament can Removed from Mat Surface Easily. 2 free finger caps can protect your fingers from scald with wearing this, especially for the children.
- Multi-Shapes 3D Drawing Tools: It Includes All Basic Multi-Shaped Draw Figures: Grids, Triangle, Rectangular, Square, Trapeziod; Animal graphics: Rabbit, elephant, giraffe, crocodile, fox, butterfly etc.. Different geometry, pets, and technical shapes greatly meet your daily painting needs.
#07 – OUYZGIA 3D Printing Pen Pad Silicone Copying Drawing Board Softness Flexible fold 0.2mm with Scale Square No Odor Use Imagination Puzzle Game – Activity for Kids, Adults（11 x 11 inches, Transparent）
- 【Various patterns】3D printing silicone design pads include a basic variety of drawing: grid, triangle, rectangle, circle, etc. You can use your imagination to draw precise and perfect patterns and lines to easily create more interesting 3D works, and the 3D pen pads are the right thickness for any temperature 3D printing pens.
- 【3D printing supplies】3D pen filament diameter is 1.75mm, suitable for all types of 3D printing pens and filaments, easy to press and install the 3D pen nozzle inside, the filament will not move when working with 3D pens. It can also protect your desktop from being burned when using the 3D pen.
- 【Specifications】Size 11×11inch transparent 3D pen silicone pad with various patterns and line models. Easy to use, you can make beautiful bubble-free patterns.
- 【Eco-friendly】The pad is made of silicone, an environmentally friendly, high-quality material that is heat resistant up to 270°C (518°F). It will not stick to the print filament and can be easily removed from the design pad. Because the silicone is non-stick, it is easy to pop out the filament.
- 【Scale】The 3D printing silicone copying pen pad has a clear scale, allowing you to make some of your desired patterns according to the size you need.
#08 – AMZBY 3D Pen Mat, 6.8 x 6.8 Inches 3D Printing Pen Mat Silicone Basic Stencils Templates Pad with 2 Finger Protectors, 3D Pen Accessories Drawing Tools Gift for Kids and Adults 3D Pen Beginners
- ♥【GREAT 3D PEN DRAWING TOOLS】With size of 6.8*6.8 inches, AMZBY 3D Pen Mat combinds multi basic templates: Circles, Grids, Triangle, Rectangular and so much more! You can use these basic templates to assemble more different shapes!
- ♥【FIT ALL 3D PEN/FILAMENT】AMZBY upgraded 3D Pen Templates with deep grooves, can works with any 3D filament and 3D pen nozzle, consists of geometric grooves to give 3D filament more precise control and guides your hand and your pen for amazing 3D creations.
- ♥【SAFE & HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL】AMZBY 3D Pen Stencils made of high-quality silicone, soft and durable, heat resistance up to 518℉ which protect desk from being burned by the hot 3D pen nozzle. Won't stick printing filament, you can get what you done by bending the mat to pop out.
- ♥【THOUGHTFUL BONUS】 AMZBY 3D Printing Mat comes with 2 finger caps, protecting your fingers from being scalded by the hot 3D pen nozzle/filament, support you to make 3D printing much more smoothly.
- ♥【PERFECT GIFT】 AMZBY 3D Pen Pad inspires unlimited imagination and creativity, as a pefect gift for 3D pen beginers, for kids and adults. Let Your Creativity Run Wild!
#09 – CHENIB 3D Pen Mat, 3D Printing Pen Heat-Resistant Silicone Pad with Patterns, Foldable Design 3D Pens Drawing Tools with 2 Finger Protectors (16.4 x 10.9 Inch) (Blue)
- ❤【Large size 3D pen mat with various patterns】Larger size 41.5cm x 27.5cm Silicone Mat makes it easier to make perfect shapes and lines. suitable For All 3d Printing Pens On The Market, let You Create High-precision Works.
- ❤【Suitable for all 3D Pen/3D Filament】Upgraded grooves make it easy to press and fit the 3d pen nozzle inside. It does not shift or move during even the most delicate of 3D pen work. It includes not only basic patterns and lines, but also animal prints and cartoons such as elephants, rabbits, cats, bears, cars, and Ferris wheels.
- ❤【Protect your desk】The mat is made of environmentally friendly silicone, which can be used as a desk mat to provide the desktop. The high-temperature resistance of this product is 220-260℃. The thickness of the mat is 3mm. The mat can prevent the table from melting with a 3D pen.
- ❤【The Perfect Gift】Beautiful gift package. Suitable for children and adults, for 3D pen drawing beginners and 3D pen drawing expert artists! The best birthday/Christmas gift.
- ❤【Hassle-free service】 provides lifetime protection for you. Whenever you have any issues with our or your order, please kindly contact us via Amazon message. We will respond within 24 hours and provide the best after-sales service for you.
#10 – Parker Beta Millenium GT Ball Point Pen Gift Set – With Swiss Knife
- Comes with Quink Flow ball point Refill - Fine Tip
- Plastic Black barrel and cap in Black colors with contrasting Golden Color powder coated clip\
- Cap on and cap off supplied with Ball Point Refill
- A multipurpose metallic knife witha convenient key holder. A perfect travel accessory
Key considerations for buying a 3D pen:
Such 3D pens must be either connected via a cable through the use of USB port on your device or to an AC adapter outlet. You must not hesitate until the pen is fit for use, but you must work near an outlet. One downside of a wired configuration is that the cord will sometimes get in the way as you draw the brush.
Such 3D pens are powered by a rechargeable battery, so you don’t need to plug it in to use. Even if there’s no outlet nearby you can work with the pen everywhere.
The 3D pens heat the plastic filament to create 3D drawings. The most widely used types of filament are acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and polylactic acid (PLA). Some 3D models can be used for both forms of filament. However, many versions cannot heat up enough for ABS to dissolve. If you want to switch between the two, make sure that you are willing to use all the modes of the 3D pen.
This filament is the cheaper option but it has a higher melting temperature. While most 3D pens may generate the heat required to melt ABS filament, the higher temperature can allow the filament to emit gases that can irritate the eyes and skin, and cause some users to feel ill.
Normally this filament is a bit more expensive, but it is a biodegradable fiber made from natural resources such as potato, cotton, and cane sugar. As a result, it is an eco-friendlier option. It also freezes at a lower temperature and does not potentially produce toxic gases.
Beware of the temperature controls as well. Many pens require you to change amounts as tiny as one degree, while others will use intervals of five to ten degrees. You could find some pens which give no variable temperature controls. These pens only have a setting for each filament form which automatically adjusts the temperature.
If you can adjust the pace that the filament escapes from the nozzle, you’ll have a lot more control over a 3D printer. Opt for a 3D pen that provides the most control speeds for at least 3. It also helps to pick a device that lets you change the speed quickly with a dial or click.
Such pens aren’t built to be used for long periods of time and can quickly overheat. To ensure that you can finish your tasks in a timely manner, choose a pen that will cool down easily, so you don’t have to wait too long before you can use it again.
When you give kids a 3D pen, protection is a concern. A 3D pen may get hot so it can potentially mean burnt fingers left on. Choose a platform that automatically switches off after a certain amount of time, so you don’t have to think over children failing to turn off the pen.
Most pens do not let you clean the tip, so you can not clear the clog and use the pen again. Many versions do have removable nozzles, however, which require you to clean them or uninstall them entirely. It’s important if you want your 3D pen to last as long as you can.
You might also get attachments based on the 3D pen you select, to make the pen simpler to use. Others include finger shields or a metal spatula to help keep your skin from getting in contact with the hot nozzle of the pen.
History of the 3D pen:
Maxwell Bogue and 3Doodler’s Peter Dilworth created the first 3D plumbs. The inspiration came from a moment of exasperation when a 14-hour 3D print job had skipped a thread.
If only they could remove the extruder and fill it in by hand, they thought. It was your ‘Eureka!’ moment and the first prototypes soon followed that same year in 2012.
But this proposal was not the first time. It’s not. In 1995, a firm named Stratasys submitted an ‘apparatus’ patent, which defines the ‘machine operated by a device like a 3D printer that we all know’ This design is a ‘apparatus’.
Funny, the patent applies to an older manual tool known as the Matt Wax Weapon that is used for producing jewellery wax models. The Matt Wax Gun looks like an embroidery weapon, but uses wax rather than glue and works much as a 3D pen. We do not know the date of the creation, but wax modelling books date back to 1982. A new innovation in the field itself, artists were able to create airy, natural shapes when they could draw lines in the open air.
In many respects, though, the use of thermoplastic plumes varies from the use of paper. The style of the pen is more realistic than the weapons type. Plastics make the structure versatile and at times solid depending on the substance to be stronger and more lasting. In addition to popular plastic products, as for instance ABS and PLA, certain plums are compatible with wood, metal or TPU-mixed blends, a versatile thermal polyurethane.
Basic technology is identical: a heating element takes the substance to melting point, before it extrudes from the tip of a motor (or manual function) and dries nearly instantly.
The successful Crowdfunding campaign of 3Doodler introduced exposure to the notion of 3D pens, earning more than 1 million dollars for its $30,000 goal. Several companies noticed and followed the need and flooded the sector with various choices.
How do 3D pens work?
Thermoplastic and cool UV ink are two separate 3D pen types. All forms rely on the material technologies at the right moment to shift from liquid to concrete. These basic technologies allow the writer to ‘lift’ into 3-dimensional space from the flat paper medium.
Thermoplastic 3D pens:
Plastic filament flows into the stylus, where it is heated to its melt level, with the more general thermoplastic stylus, then it extrudes from the tip and again dries as a solid line. It allows the user to ‘draw in the breeze’ so that the line has ample structural support. In the ingredients used as ink: thermoplastic, the real magic is.
No-one could have imagined that we would once use the ink material when the English scientist Alexander Parkes discovered thermoplastics in 1862! Thermoplastic today is distributed in many different types and shades, generally in 1.75 mm rolling stores and ready for sale in 3D models and printers.
Read more: 3dpendesigns
The gross scent was one of the first items we found when we were utilizing 3D designs. In our dismay, we find that harmful VOCs (Volatile Organic Carbon) are emitted by plastic extrusion, so that the product operates well ventilated and is cautionary for infants.
Related Tags: Best 3d Pen Designs 2021